Monday, November 12, 2012

Future Goals

"I am all about experiential lifestyles inside and out of the classroom. Providing a positive opportunity for those around me, whether it is through my social life, work, or teaching studies, is what I strive to do every single day."

This statement is the result of hours of reflection of the priorities I value in my life. I am a person who enjoys and thrives on the presence and impact of others. I keep this idea of opportunity close to heart when I think about my future aspirations.

I strongly believe in the power of well thought out goals and working to make the process of achieving them an everyday habit.When it comes to my ideas regarding my future in education I think my most important priority is providing opportunities for students to discover their passions. I am choosing to pursue a degree in Art Education. This is definitely forward movement towards helping others have opportunities to pursue the things that matter most to them. This life is so enjoyable when we simplify to the things that make us happiest. Why shouldn't those same subjects be the ones we study and eventually work for every single day? I hope to teach in environments where that is a priority as well. Schools which special focuses, such as outdoor recreation, leadership, or semester programs are of great interest to me. I had an opportunity to visit a school like this out of Cascade, Idaho called Alzar School. This visit greatly interested me and opened my eyes to the possible avenues for the future. Not only to work at a school like this, but to implement this type of atmosphere into my classroom where ever it is that I find myself teaching.

I do love school. It is all I really know and can imagine myself doing. I would love to continue my education as far as I am able. Whether this is to come in the form of graduate school or some other option, I am not entirely sure as of now. I will remain open to opportunity as it presents itself.

Personally, I am striving to always create memory and experience for myself as well as others. I like to commit to mental and physical challenges that will test the person I choose to be. One important aspect of my life is the power of image and how we look at ourselves in the context of the present. I am currently striving to value the importance of acceptance of this power.

Goals are what excite us and motivate us to move forward. Looking at possibility is one of my favorite things and as you accomplish more and more, the aspirations become less daunting. I value the idea that I can give this to another individual through teachable moments. This simple concept is very satisfying and exciting in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment